Beaver Brook Elementary School
Grades: 1-4 Hours: 8:55 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Bullying is defined as the repeated and intentional use by one or more students of a written, verbal, or electronic expression or a physical act or gesture or any combination thereof, directed at a victim. Bullying is characterized by an imbalance of physical, psychological, or emotional power that:
- Causes physical or emotional harm to the target or damage to the victim’s property
- Places the target in reasonable fear of harm to herself/himself or of damage to her/his property
- Creates a hostile environment at school for the target
- Infringes on the rights of the target at school
- Materially and substantially disrupts the education process or the orderly operation of a school
Cyberbullying is defined as bullying through the use of technology or any electronic communication.