Frolio Middle School
Grades: 7-8 Hours: 7:25 a.m. - 1:44 p.m.
Student Clubs & Activities
The following is a list of the Student Clubs and Activities that will be available during the 2016-2017 school year.
ACADEMIC CENTER FOR ENRICHMENT (ACE)
- The Academic Center for Enrichment- "ACE" Program will be available every Monday and Wednesday from January 11th to March 1st.
- Students will have access to a late bus which leaves at 3:45 if they are participating in ACE approved enrichment activities.
- These activities include staying after school with a teacher, homework and studying in the library, attending a club meeting or practice and peer tutoring when available.
- To access the late bus students must sign into the program before going to their supervised activity and will need a pass from a teacher/supervisor upon their return.
- Please see Ms. Louko, Ms. Sweeney or Ms. Crowley if you have any questions.
- ACE link for Frolio students
- ACE dates fro Frolio students - Jan. 30, Feb. 1, Feb. 6, Feb. 8, Feb. 13, Feb. 15, Feb. 27 & March 1.
- ACE permission slip
HOMEWORK CLUB (FREE)
Drop In Homework Club meets Mondays after school from 2:00 to 3:00 pm until April 24, 2017
Homework Club is for everyone! Use the computers and printers to do projects and papers. Read a book. Work together on a group project. Homework Club is for YOU!
Drop in as often as you like. No registration is required.
Cast Tuesdays 10/11/16-5/16/17 2:10 pm-3:00 pm
Crew Thursdays 10/13/16-5/18/17 2:10 pm-3:00 pm
Advisor: Ms. Paleologo
First meeting is for cast and crew on Tues. Sept. 27 from 2:10-3:30 in the gym. The first two rehearsals will be combined (cast and crew) on Sept. 29 & Oct. 6. Students will practice and perform a play in December and May. Students are needed for set and prop building and painting, costume set and design, advertising, acting, singing, dancing, directing, and choreography.
ZUMBA FOR KIDS
11/14/16-3/16/17 Mondays and Thursdays 2:10-3:10 pm
Advisor: Mrs. Peruzzi – Schedule will be provided on Day One
Students will dance to fast moving Latin music. We will learn the dance step by step. By the end of eight weeks we will have learned eight songs. Total Fun Always!
Mondays and Thursdays 9/26/16-6/1/2017 2:10-3:10 pm
Advisors: Mr. DiPrizio and Mr. Butler
Students will participate in informal games of many varieties in order to be introduced to many different sports throughout the year.
ITALIAN CULTURE CLUB
Wednesdays 9/28/16-12/21/16 2:10 pm – 3:40pm
Advisor: Mrs. Gentile
$20 Materials Fee
Italian Culture Club is the next best thing to visiting Italy! Students will learn many aspects of Italian culture including cooking, history, fashion, art, architecture, science, and language. The most fun is making and sampling foods of different regions, as we journey through the beautiful country of Italy! All are welcome! Field trip date tbd.
FALL RUNNING CLUB
Mondays-Practice and Wednesdays-Meets 9/19/16-11/7/16 2:10 pm – 3:10 pm Room 206
Advisor: Mrs. Peruzzi
$40 Bus Fee and $20 T-Shirt Fee
Students will train on a 1-2 mile course and learn stretches appropriate for runners. Wednesday field trips to other South Shore schools will be held for the purpose of competition.
SPRING TRACK RUNNING CLUB
Mondays-Practice and Wednesdays-Meets 3/29/17-5/24/17 2:10 pm – 3:10 pm Room 206
Advisor: Mrs. Peruzzi
$30 Bus Fee and $20 T-Shirt Fee (unless you have one from Fall Running Club)
Students will train for one running and one field event (Discus, long jump, hurdles & sprint)
Wednesday field trips to other South Shore schools will be held for the purpose of competition
Please click here for the FROLIO AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM...